- I ordered some new chairs for the dining room. The table is old but serviceable, the chairs -- not so much. Somehow they got sent to Oregon. I don't know how that happened. But the customer service representative set me up with a new shipment.
- We bought bunk beds for Vinny from a local furniture store, as a reward and incentive for sleeping in his own room. Today, the delivery guys started putting it together only to discover that it was the wrong bed. They had brought a double bed size bunk bed, not a twin size! So, they had to take it back and reschedule us for delivery on Tuesday. It was going to be a really cool bed, with bunks plus a trundle on the bottom. Luckily, the trundle was the right one so they let us keep it and he is going to be sleeping on that for a few nights. He is pretty excited about it, pretending that it was nighttime several times, so not all is lost. I think he will be excited to stay in his own bed now (definitely a step up from a mattress on the floor).
- The toilet in our hallway bathroom stopped working. The tank stopped filling. Jeff successfully replaced the apparatus inside the toilet.
- Our kitchen sink faucet broke. The stem unit inside the handle got bent up for some reason. No problem, we could just get a new one, right? Well, our faucet was relatively new, and the store doesn't carry the replacement parts for it. So I ordered it online. The total cost was $25, more than half of which was shipping.
- It is raining. A lot. I will be interested to see what the structural engineers say next week about our foundation. The evidence of water seepage will be fresh.
Saturday, March 05, 2011
Thoughts on a Rainy Saturday Afternoon
In the latest news: