Monday, July 11, 2011

More About Leaf

I have been enjoying the new car immensely.  Scarlet drives like a dream.  This weekend my dad came for a visit and I took him for a spin in it.  He was very interested in how it all worked.

I have discovered some more cool features on the owners' portal website.  First, you can plan routes, making sure that you have enough range to do the entire route, and then send those routes to the car's navigation system.  Tomorrow I have to go somewhere unfamiliar for work, so I availed myself of this feature.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Second, you remember the little trees you can earn for driving efficiently?  Well, it turns out that it records the number of trees you earn and then rates your performance. I apparently drive okay but there is a lot of room for improvement.  I am ranked number eight-hundred-something out of all the drivers.  Number one gets nearly an order of magnitude more miles per kilowatt than I do.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong or they are doing right.

No comments: