Thursday, March 09, 2006

Wiped Out!

Whatever I was coming down with on Monday got progressively worse, until I ended up having to go home at about 2:00, because I just couldn't think or concentrate. Actually, I had to psych myself up to get myself feeling good enough to drive home. Driving requires a lot of concentration!

I stayed home all day Tuesday, too. Yesterday, I tried to get up and go to work, but to no avail. I slept very little on Tuesday night, and I felt worse on Wednesday morning than I'd felt all day Tuesday. So I spent yesterday recuperating too.

This morning, I wasn't at 100%, but I was feeling good enough to do a light day of work. Also, a classmate of mine is here today, giving a talk, and I wanted to see his talk. The nice thing is, going to a talk is an acceptable and low-effort way to spend my time.

I spent a lot of time watching daytime TV. I was too sick to do much more than be a spectator. My better half was also sick, which made it hard because neither of us could really wait upon the other. Mostly we just complained a lot to each other, and took turns getting food.

Also, I had read on the internet that a good way to get rid of a smoky smell is to dip a towel in a half vinegar-half water solution, wring it out, and then sling the towel over your head like a helicopter blade. On my way home from work on Monday, I stopped at the grocery store to buy some vinegar, because I figured that for $1.29 I wouldn't mind trying to see if this home remedy would help dispel this smoky smell. So on Monday evening, I gave it a try. It was a great effort to swing that towel around while at only about 40% power, but it was worth it, because it worked! It didn't get rid of all the smoke, but it definitely cut down on it. So this is a shout-out to my new friend vinegar, the odor neutralizer.

I'm at about 75% power right now, and this is a definite improvement. I think I'll last the whole day today.

No comments: