Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Elbow Grease (part 2)

Today I saw the orthopedist again. I don't think that the occupational therapy had really helped very much. Unfortunately, there are not two parallel universes, one in which I had occupational therapy and another in which I did not, so I can't say for sure whether it helped. For all I know, I could be a lot worse now if I hadn't done it. In any case, things have not improved, so I went back for another appointment with the doctor. He decided to let me have another shot in the elbow. So I took him up on that.

Before the anesthetic wore off, it felt like I had a new elbow. Now it feels worse than it felt before the shot. But I know that after my elbow heals up from having a gigantic needle stuck in it, it will feel much better.

If it hurts more after the baby is born, he told me to come back again. He said it was reasonable to give me a shot at most once a year, but if I need it more often than that, then he really needs to try something else. He talked about surgery, and seemed open to the idea of doing it, after I was no longer pregnant and assuming the problem came back. He did remark that I had a pretty bad case of medial epicondylitis. Hopefully (worst case) this injection will tide me over for the next few months and then I can have the surgery if I need it.

1 comment:

jo(e) said...

Oh, I hope the pain goes away soon.