Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Official Due Date

Today is Vinny's official due date. I would have liked for him to be born by now; in particular, before October 1 (which is often the cutoff date for school enrollment), but I guess they say you can't hurry something good. But it's okay, I guess, because this allows me to work longer, thereby accumulating more vacation time that I can use during my family leave.

On Monday I had a bit of a fright. I went to work as usual. But over the course of the morning, I found that I was getting ravenously hungry. I tried to ignore it and just wait for lunchtime. When I got up to go to lunch, I discovered that I was really dizzy, shaky, and was breaking out in a sweat. I managed to make it to the cafeteria and I promised myself that if I didn't feel better after lunch, I would get some help. Eating my lunch seemed to make a big difference, but just in case, I went to the lab's health department and had my blood pressure taken. It was normal, thank goodness. The nurse said it sounded like I had experienced a drop in my blood sugar. I went home a little early just to be safe. Then on Tuesday I worked from home. Jeff bought me some snacks to take to work with me today, so I didn't have to worry about a repeat of the low blood sugar.

I still don't know why my blood sugar dropped like that. I have never had that experience before, and since about the 3rd or 4th month of pregnancy, I have not needed to have a morning snack in order to make it through the day. So I don't know what happened.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Vinny is here already! I'm thinking about you! (It's currently 9 pm Mountain time on Thursday Oct 5th.)

Laura said...

Yes, word is, he arrived at 6:25 pm today (Oct. 5). 7 pounds 11 ounces. Mom and baby and everyone else are healthy and happy, or so I heard. Yay Vinny!

-- Laura the sister. :-)

Laura said...

p.s. If I'm reading right, Chris was closest to guessing the date and Rachel was closest to guessing the weight. What's the prize??

Susie said...

Congratulations, Becca & Jeff!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Congrats! I hope you're all getting a bit of rest now.