Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Weekend Fun

This past weekend, Dad and Marvis stopped in for a visit. They were on their way to the beach for Spring Break, but stopped in to see their youngest grandchild (and their daughter and son-in-law too). They arrived on Saturday afternoon and left on Monday morning. Saturday evening we invited our friends Adam and Jody to join us for dinner, so they could meet each other. Jody brought her world-famous chips and salsa. Jeff made Italian roasted pork loin, red potatoes with rosemary, salad, and glazed carrots, and I made cornbread. For dessert we had strawberries and ice cream. We moved our dining room table outside, and ate on our deck.

On Sunday, we had planned to go to the Smokies, but it was raining so instead we went to the American Museum of Science and Energy, right here in town. I visited it once when I was a teenager, but hadn't been back since, so it was good to go to it again. I enjoyed the museum and I think it's a great resource to have here in town as Vinny grows up.

Vinny was his usual charming self and his grandparents oohed and aahed over him, and fought to get the chance to hold him, feed him, and even change his diaper. As far as I'm concerned, that's great! I've changed plenty of diapers and I don't feel deprived about forgoing the pleasure in favor of his grandparents.

I left for work early Monday morning before Dad and Marvis got up, but I think they were sad to leave, and looking forward to their next visit with their grandson.

No comments: