Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Brief Update

Just to let y'all know, I'm still alive, just very busy yet. I am working on getting some performance runs done with a deadline of Monday, and whatever can go wrong seems to go wrong. Right now, now that I've figured out what all the other problems were, everybody and their mom decided to run jobs on the big machine, so I am sitting around waiting for my jobs to run. It is kind of frustrating because I am in a hurry. But so are they, I suppose.

Anyhow, I went to the orthopedist yesterday, so I thought I'd report on that. He decided that I need to have surgery. So he had some x-rays of my elbow taken, and he ordered a nerve conduction study for Friday. Then I will come back to see him again a week from Tuesday.

I feel relieved that my problem is being taken seriously, but of course I do not look forward to the pain associated with surgery and the long road to recovery.

6 comments:

Mr. Lucchese said...

Sorry that it requires surgery, but at least the think they can fix it permanently.

On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, have you guys ever attended a show at the Oak Ridge Playhouse?

Anonymous said...

Dude! When will you have the surgery?

Ginger said...

Good luck

Anonymous said...

well, it may be scary, but it's great that you're getting medical attention and in the end it should be better.

Doctor Pion said...

Ugh. If you need a pick me up, check out the most recent xkcd comic:

http://xkcd.com/c292.html

Laura said...

Best wishes for arm-y wellness. Hope the surgery helps....