Thursday, October 04, 2007

Sorry to Disappear

Sorry to disappear on you like that... I've been very busy this week.

We went to Kentucky to see Grandma over the weekend. We left Friday afternoon after work. Jeff and I went over to see her on Saturday morning. I brought along my violin too, and played for Grandma for longer than I should have. But she enjoyed it, so it was worth it. I took some tylenol before we headed over there, and then when we got back to Dad and Marvis' house, I iced it down and kept taking tylenol and ibuprofen for the rest of the day.

In the afternoon, we took Vinny over to see her, and Dad and Marvis also came along with us. Grandma enjoyed seeing Vinny, although she kept trying to trick me into playing some more for her. But I really couldn't (I had left the violin at Dad and Marvis').

I learned that she was experiencing kidney failure, so I called my sister Laura and encouraged her to pay a visit ASAP, which she did. But apparently Grandma is still holding on, or at least I haven't heard the news yet.

I was really glad that we got a chance to see her one last time. She's a beautiful person and I am going to miss her a lot.

No comments: