Monday, June 23, 2008

Banned from the House

I banned a toy on Saturday.

I had always thought that the Move & Crawl Ball was obnoxious and annoying. It's a heavy, cantaloupe-sized ball with flashing lights and music that rolls around on its own. It used to frighten Vinny when he was very young but he found it again a few weeks ago and seemed to really enjoy it.

Then on Saturday morning, Vinny picked it up and accidentally dropped it on my toe. I managed to say only "OUCH!!!!!" (despite the fact that it hurt like hell). I took that obnoxious ball and put it up.

I assessed the damage to my toe. It was my big toe that was hit, and the toenail has about a 1/4" crack in it. My toe throbbed for the rest of the day, but it's doing okay now.

1 comment:

Twice said...

Ouch!

We had one of these, my kids loved it, though they were scared of other moving toys. I agree it was obnoxious - but I especially "liked" that it acted possessed when the batteries were low. No just slowing down or shutting off, just random bits of different songs strung together (distorted and off key of course) coupled with random movements.

I hope your toe is OK.