Sunday, October 05, 2008

Two Years of Vinny

At this moment two years ago today, I was in all kinds of pain because I hadn't yet given in to common sense and requested an epidural.

Today, as I scrubbed the kitchen floor, I thought about how different from that day two years ago is today. I'd much rather scrub the kitchen floor than give birth, I mused.

Yet, that labor was very much worth all the pain. From it came someone who has changed my life for the better: a little person from whom I have learned so much.

I had forgotten that everything is wondrous. I did not remember how satisfying a drink of milk could be, or how fascinating a button is, or how beautiful music sounds. I never knew it was possible to be so happy upon seeing someone you love after a day of separation. I didn't realize that I was worth loving so much, so purely, and so unconditionally.

I am truly fortunate to have this little boy in my life. All the pain and sleep deprivation -- it was worth it. Happy Birthday, sweet boy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, little dude!

Madeleine said...

And happy birth-day to you!

susan said...

Happy birthday from your friends in blogland!

Laura said...

Yay Vinny!!

ScienceGirl said...

Happy Birthday, Binny! And congrats to the happy Mom as well!

Susie said...

Happy Birthday, Vinny!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Vinny!

Do you have any new pics?

Ginger