Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Interesting Conversation

Yesterday at about 6:00 pm, as I was walking to the car, I decided to call Jeff on his cell phone to see if there was anything I could pick up at the grocery store.  Instead of reaching Jeff, I ended up talking to a sweet little two-year-old in possibly the longest and most involved conversation we have ever had!

[Phone Rings]
Vinny: Hi, mama!
Me: Hey Vinny, whatcha doin'?
Vinny: I'm at Kroger!
Me: You are?
Vinny: I see fans!
Me: You do?  What else do you see?
Vinny: I see apples, grapes, pears...
Me: Wow.  Lots of fruit.  Are you in the produce section?
Vinny: I see blinking lights!
Me: Blinking lights!  Wow!
Vinny: Hey mama, I go playground today!
Me: You went to the playground today?  Did you have fun?
Vinny: Uh huh!  I play playground.
Me: Wow, sounds like fun.
Vinny: I see crackers!
Me: That's fantastic.  Say, is Daddy there?
Vinny: Yup.
Me: Can I talk to Daddy for a minute, please?
Vinny: I don't think so!  I see bagels!
Me: ... Wow, bagels!  Can you give the phone to Daddy for just a second, please?
Vinny: Uh uh.  I don't think so.  I see fan!

(It went on like this for several more minutes until Jeff finally wrestled the phone from Vinny's grasp.)

3 comments:

Laura said...

"I don't think so." Nice comeback, kid! Very cute.

Madeleine said...

"I don't think so!"

That is very funny. And I'm guessing one of you says that when Vinny suggests something preposterous.

Anonymous said...

Cute!