Sunday, August 22, 2010

Okra Extravaganza

We've been enjoying our CSA this summer.  We've gotten all kinds of great fruits and veggies.  My favorites have been the strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and peaches.  I've also enjoyed learning how to cook some new stuff such as bok choy and kale.

The only thing is, we have gotten way too much okra.  I am not a big fan of okra myself, but I felt that it was pretty important for us to use it if we could.  So I looked on the internet for recipes.  Something I came across was a recipe for "Arkansas Fried Okra."  I made it for dinner last night and Jeff and I both liked it.

We still have a bunch more okra to eat, so maybe I'll make that again or make something else on this great okra resource (where I found the above recipe too).

No comments: