Monday, May 16, 2005

Adventures in Stockholm

I'm limited to fifteen minutes on this computer, so this will be short. Yesterday I planned to tour Stockholm, including seeing the Vasa museum and walking around a lot. One thing I had neglected to plan for was cramps. I forgot to bring some pain killers, and it was Sunday, too. Luckily, reading the hotel brochure, I saw that they offered free aspirin. So I made my way to the front desk and asked for some.

The woman at the desk gave me these big tablets, too big to swallow. Weird. But things are different in Sweden. She told me to dissolve them in a glass of water and drink it down, and that it tasted nasty. She was right; not only was it bitter (with a hint of lemon) but it was grainy. In the end, though, it was worth it, because I felt good enough to continue with my plans. Not great, and periodically I had to sit and rest, but good enough to enjoy my free day in Stockholm.

Today is the first day of the conference. Tonight I present my poster. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Glad you're enjoying your adventures, in spite of cramps!