Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I'm a Winner... and You Could Be Too!

Last week, when I was at the lab's International Festival, I entered a trivia contest at the British Isles booth, and I found out today that I won the grand prize! Apparently I had more correct ansers than anyone else, which I find quite surprising but I'm not going to complain. Anyhow, I won a fabulous paperweight from the Orkney Islands, made from a round stone with a sheet of metal hammered onto it and etched with a winged dragon. It is pretty cool looking.

It seems like I never win anything, so this was pretty exciting to me. In fact, I might go so far as to say that it made my day. Usually, contests are random and so the probability is just not on my side. Other contests are based on guessing, and I am usually no good at guessing. So it was a welcome surprise to win something based on my knowledge of famous British people.

In honor of this, I want to share the joy of winning. Alas, the only contest I can think of is a guessing game, so it will be dependent mostly on luck, I'm afraid!

Answer the following questions before 7:00 p.m. EDT Thursday, September 28, 2006.
1. When will Vinny be born? (Give both a date and a time.)
2. How much will he weigh?

You can answer in the comments, or send me an e-mail with your guess. I will determine the winner and award an exciting prize. Good luck!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dood, he could be born before the contest closes!

I'm going to guess October 1st, 10:30pm. Go Vinny go!

Anonymous said...

October 4, 2am, at 9lb 10oz.

Laura said...

October 2, 12 noon, 9 pounds.

Anonymous said...

If he's born Wednesday 9/27, the saint for the day would be St. Vincent de Paul (according to my Spanish-language calendar), and that would be appropriate name-wise, right?

Ginger said...

October 4th 11 pm
9 lbs 8 oz

Anonymous said...

I forgot to guess a weight, sorry! 8 lbs even.

(Fluffiana is a friend of mine, in case you're wondering where odd folks are trickling in from!)

Anonymous said...

I forgot to guess a weight! 8 lbs.

Anonymous said...

And then? I couldn't see my comment, so I commented again! Yay!

Rebecca said...

Rach, it's okay, having more comments just makes me feel even more popular!

Anonymous said...

Full moon on the 6th of the month. Always a safe bet when it comes to these things. I will go with 6:00 PM on 10-06-2006 and I will guess 7 lbs and 5 ounces for weight. I'm trying not to freak out Becca by continuing to guess large weights. :)

Susie said...

Ooo, I want in.

October 2nd, 8pm
7 lbs 2 oz

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed the deadline. I hope he arrives soon, soon, soon!