Friday, February 15, 2008

Good Deeds Going Unpunished

They say, "No good deed goes unpunished." So far, one of my good deeds has not only gone unpunished, but I was actually rewarded for it!

In early January, I gave two tours of the supercomputer room, back-to-back, because of this huge engineering conference that was going on down at the University. Well, today I reaped the reward of being such a good citizen: being treated to a delicious catered lunch. Two other colleagues who were also involved in the tours attended too.

While I was there, I met several Important People, one of whom I'd met last week at the Black History Month celebration. He remembered me and my violin, and I was glad to have the opportunity to meet him again. I also met the project PI for one of the projects I've been assigned at work. He seemed like a very nice man. His visualization liaison and I have a meeting scheduled with him next week, so it was nice to meet him ahead of time and explain what my role is supposed to be with his project.

Anyhow, it was a delicious lunch and an enjoyable time. I'm glad that I was assigned to give the right tours to merit such a nice meal!

No comments: