Tuesday, December 08, 2009

More News from the Night Shift

Apparently we may experience a blizzard here tomorrow. It will snow at least six inches, possibly more, and it may blow around a lot and cause white-out conditions. Also, there's a good chance that the high winds could knock out electricity. I'm glad I'm already here, and not having to contend with that. I'm hoping that everything will be clear by the time I leave on Sunday.

We brought a bunch of firewood into the house today, just in case the power goes out. We should be able to all huddle around the fireplace and keep warm. But if that doesn't work out, I'm sure that my baby nephew will give us top priority on getting emergency shelter somewhere.

1 comment:

Marvis said...

We know that all of you are doing well with Theo. It sounds as if all will be well. We are so glad you have a good supply of firewood. It reminds me of the ice storm when Maya was only 4 months old. Brian and Vaughan moved a large mattress in by the fireplace and stayed there together with many covers. It was fine, so I am sure all will be fine with you. Love to all. Marvis