Monday, June 06, 2005

Curses!!!

It seems that I am sick with something-or-other. This morning my temperature was 98.9 F. I know that doesn't sound like much, but my regular non-sick temperature is more like 95-96 F. So this is non-trivial. I took some tylenol, and my husband got out all the cold and flu medicine for me, just in case I needed it. I will probably take a large subset of it along on my trip.

I brought a two-liter of orange diet rite with me today, which I have drained by about a third already. My throat is kind of raw, and all weekend I couldn't seem to get enough to drink. My eyes are sore and bloodshot. My brain is only mildly slow on the draw, fortunately. On the bright side, my cheeks are flushed, so if this keeps up, I won't have to wear as much makeup!

I dragged myself out of bed at 7, and took a shower, which did little to improve the way I was feeling. Eating breakfast and taking that tylenol helped, though. I walked slowly to the bus stop, although it required as much effort as walking fast on a normal day. I babied myself and took the elevator up to my office rather than the stairs.

Right now I feel pretty much okay just sitting here at my desk and exercising my fingers. I wouldn't want to do much else, though. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow, or at a minimum feel about the same, but enhanced by adrenaline.

No comments: