Friday, May 08, 2009

Back from Atlanta

We got home last night from Atlanta (not Aunt Laura). The conference went really well, my presentation was a success, and a good time was had by all.

On Tuesday night, we went with some of my colleagues to a Brazilian steakhouse, where you get served lots and lots of meat until you think you're going to explode. The meat was delicious but I felt rather gluttonous afterwards. It was also really expensive, although luckily, they didn't charge for Vinny. I think it was a good experience to eat there once but I don't think I'll ever do it again.

Instead of going to the conference event by myself on Wednesday night (or paying $50 for an additional ticket), I skipped it and went to Johnny Rocket's (a 50's-themed diner) with my boys. We had a low-key evening together, stopping to play in a park before heading back to the hotel.

I'm glad to be home, though. Luckily I don't have any travel planned until next month.

No comments: