Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Three applications completed!

I have spent the past week applying for various jobs. In particular, I was working on the application for the NIST fellowship, and finishing up my application for Oak Ridge National Lab.

This afternoon I clicked the button and turned in my on-line application for the NIST fellowship. All I have to do is send them copies of my transcripts and make sure my letters of recommendation arrive on time. Then I just sit back and wait for them to review it.

The Oak Ridge application is also finished. I haven't yet sealed the envelope and sent it off because I need to look through it a couple more times to make sure that I really have everything I need in there. That application was a lot of work because I had to type all sorts of information into very tiny rectangles on their form. I have finished it now, however, and I've alerted my contacts at Oak Ridge that I'm sending it in.

And on January 14, I turned in an application for the Wilkinson Fellowship at Argonne National Lab. I would be terribly surprised if I got that fellowship, if for no other reason than the sheer numbers of outstanding applicants it attracts, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try.

I think I have a decent chance of getting the NIST fellowship, and also I think I have a very good chance of getting a job at Oak Ridge. The Wilkinson Fellowship is a long shot. But hey, less probable things have happened!

No comments: