Friday, March 30, 2007

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday, everyone!

One great thing about my job is that there's no set timeframe for when you have to be at work. If I were a medical doctor, I'd have to keep my appointments with my patients. If I were a professor, I'd have to teach classes at a certain time. I have even fewer scheduled commitments than a professor; there are some meetings I have to attend occasionally, but otherwise, I can work whenever I want to.

So I've begun to work a new schedule: the 9/80 schedule, where, over the course of two weeks, you work a total of 80 hours over nine days. I have every other Friday off, and this is my day off!

It requires me to work 9 hours every Monday-Thursday, and 8 hours every other Friday. The way I've been doing the nine hours is by getting up an hour earlier and then leaving work at about the same time. So far it seems to be a good system, and motivates me to work more because I get this special day off. We'll see how I feel about it after a couple of months of this.

1 comment:

Lab Cat said...

That's a brilliant idea. I hope it works out for you.