Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Fun

My plan for Jeff's Father's Day gift was to get him a nice grill. I know nothing of grills, however, so I wasn't sure what to get. Luckily, my boss is quite knowledgeable about the subject, and found a good one in the newspaper circulars. It was on sale for Memorial Day, though, so I decided to go ahead and get it early.

Seeing as it's impossible to hide a grill, and that even if it were possible, Jeff has psychic powers that give him the ability to discern the contents of any gift package, box, or envelope, I decided to just let him know what he was getting. My boss graciously helped me go pick up the grill in his enormous truck (it wasn't going to fit in our VW Beetle or even our Chevy Impala), and he and Jeff unloaded it and put it on our deck.

Here's a link to what I got him: it's a Kenmore gas grill with 770 square inches of grilling space. It also has a side burner that you can use like a normal stove burner. (I paid less than they are currently asking for it.) He is really enjoying it so far. He grilled out twice during the Memorial Day weekend, so I consider it a successful gift.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's a grill! Now we REALLY need to build that transporter...

Anonymous said...

Cool! Can we come over for a cookout?

Ginger

Rebecca said...

Consider yourselves invited! :)

Doctor Pion said...

Woof.