Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Greetings from Arizona!

I'm writing this from our hotel room at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. We're on our fabulous week-long, adults-only vacation. My dad has graciously agreed to watch Vinny for us while we celebrate our tenth anniversary and our birthdays on this trip. (Today is Jeff's; mine's tomorrow.)

So far it's been fun. We got in to Las Vegas yesterday evening, and spent the night at the Boulder Dam Inn in Boulder City, an historical inn that was built at the time Hoover Dam was being built, as a place for visiting VIPs to stay.

We left there in the morning and drove to Williams, Arizona, where we are right now. Tomorrow we take the train up to the Grand Canyon, spend the night there, and come back on the train the next day.

The only thing that has gone wrong so far is that I got dehydrated and suffered from a migraine this afternoon. So it's an early bedtime for me tonight...

I don't know how much internet connectivity I'll have on the rest of this trip, but I'll try to keep you updated, my vast blog readership!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Happy birthday to both of you and happy anniversary! Have a wonderful trip (a week--how decadent!!)!

ScienceGirl said...

How cool that you get the vacation to celebrate your anniversary and birthdays! Hope this week is fabulous!

EcoGeoFemme said...

Happy anniversary and happy birthdays! Have a wonderful vacation.