Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Presents

I'm not big on ritual or tradition. That's why Jeff and I just gave each other our Christmas presents when the packages arrived in the mail, rather than waiting for that special date.

For him: a new desktop computer. The old one had died, and he needed a replacement. This one isn't the latest model, but the price was right.

For me: a small digital camera. It's small enough that it fits in my purse. It's slightly larger than a deck of cards. There have been times when I've wished I had a camera available, to take a picture of some beautiful scenery, for example. This camera is perfect for my needs.

For Vinny: a big-boy bed and sheet set. The mattress is from Big Lots. The fully enclosing, waterproof vinyl mattress pad is from Wal-Mart. And the musical instrument-playing sea creatures comforter, sheet set, and throw pillows came from Sears. He has seen all the components -- the package from Sears is still languishing in our furniture-free living room -- and knows all about the big boy bed. We'll leave the Christmastime surprising to his grandparents, at least for this year.

No comments: