Sunday, December 28, 2008

Holiday Travel

Did y'all miss me?

We were gone for a week to see both sides of the family in Kentucky for the holidays. We started with my dad and bonus mom, where my sisters, brother-in-law, and nephew all converged.

Before my siblings et al. arrived, we took the opportunity to see some old friends from high school and college. We went over to their house and had a great time catching up and eating pizza. The highlight of the evening for Vinny was their gigantic inflatable jump house in their basement that he could jump all over.

Once the family arrived, a good time was had by all. There was much food, much talking, and much laughter. My sisters and I had a girls' night out, and went to a museum we used to frequent as children, followed by a sushi dinner and then hot chocolate and deep conversation.

On Christmas Day, we headed over to the in-laws, where we had dinner and opened presents with Granny and Granddad and the fearless Aunt Ginger and Uncle Johnny. We spent the rest of our time there with the grandparents and with Jeff's aunt and uncle, who came up from their home in southeastern Kentucky for a visit.

It was nice to see all the family. This was the first time I didn't completely chicken out and isolate myself on Christmas Day itself. I had some special therapy which helped me to overcome the painful holiday memories of the past.

1 comment:

Laura said...

It was good to see you, Becca! Glad y'all had a good tour-de-Family. :-)