Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Stay-at-Home Dads in the Area

Jeff attends Quaker Meeting on Sundays. For a while he took Vinny along, but Vinny has been in a screaming stage lately so these days he usually leaves Vinny with me. This past Sunday, Jeff couldn't find his wallet, so I drove him to the Quaker Meeting House and Vinny and I went shopping for an hour or two while Jeff participated in the Meeting.

When we came back, Jeff was involved in something-or-other and not quite ready to leave. While Vinny and I were waiting there, I got the opportunity to meet a stay-at-home dad and working mom couple who have a daughter who's about two years older than Vinny.

Jeff met this man and his family the first time he went to Quaker Meeting, because the man watches the children in the children's room during the service. I think Jeff was really happy to meet another stay-at-home dad, because this is the only other one we know. I know of another woman at my place of work who has a stay-at-home spouse, but I don't know her at all, having only seen her at women-oriented events.

It's nice to not be the only ones doing the reverse-traditional family arrangement, and I think we could be good friends with this other family. We should probably invite them over sometime.

No comments: