Sunday, June 07, 2009

A Leisurely Afternoon

This afternoon we had a fun time together -- we went for a picnic and then a swim at the park. There's a city park with a beach on the lake, with a beautiful picnic area overlooking the lake.

After our picnic, Vinny and I went swimming. Mostly he clung to me and I jumped up and down in the water. But I also taught him to kick and paddle in the water a little bit, and also as he got more comfortable, I was able to get him to walk in the shallower water near the shoreline. By the end he was having such a great time that I could hardly pry him out of the water. But he was shivering and tired and it was time to go home.

We'll definitely have to take him swimming again soon. He really likes the water, as long as you don't duck his head in it.

No comments: