Saturday, June 13, 2009

Today's Milestone

Today, I had the opportunity to cross a major threshold with our 2005 VW Beetle. Here is a snapshot of the odometer when I was stopped at a stoplight, just before it happened:



And here it is, a couple of blocks down the street, when we had just rolled over to the 20,000 mile mark:


No, I wasn't driving when I aligned the camera to take this picture. In fact, I was stopped at a stoplight. Unfortunately the first picture I took was too blurry, so I just left the camera where it was and took another picture while I was driving.

It was a particularly auspicious day for my odometer, because as I approached a gas station a few miles later, I noticed that the price for a gallon of gas (in cents) and the number on my trip odometer matched. I took it as a sign that I should fill up.

2 comments:

EcoGeoFemme said...

Wow, you don't drive so much. Good for you. I just turned over 140,000 on my 2002 civic. I spend way too much time in the car.

Rebecca said...

We got the car in November, 2006, and it had less than 5000 miles on it. I drive to work and back in it and that's about it. I go on errands around town sometimes, but its main purpose is to take me to work and back (~21 miles/workday).