Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Running Update

I'm still running.  Unfortunately, it's gotten really hot and humid so we've had to turn to doing it indoors.  My workplace has a gym that you can get permission to use after watching some boring videos and signing a form.  There are various pieces of exercise equipment there, including treadmills, weights, and elliptical machines.  We run on the treadmill for a mile and then we finish up with the elliptical machines for ten minutes.

The treadmill is kind of interesting from a mathematical perspective, so that has kept me going back to exercise in the gym despite the fact that my coach is gone for three weeks beginning this week.  I like seeing how much time/distance I have left and I like adjusting the treadmill speed up and down.

The elliptical machine exercises leg muscles that don't get exercised by running.  It was really hard the first time but it is getting easier so I will probably have to raise the resistance next time.

1 comment:

Mr. Lucchese said...

I have recently taken up running as well, though it will be a far more temporary lifestyle for me than for you. I am simply trying to fit into my wedding costume. It's full body spandex.