Friday, May 19, 2006

En Pojke*

Sorry for leaving you in suspense, but the week has been quite busy. I'm taking some time out of my lunch hour to let you know that it's a boy we'll be expecting on or about October 4. He's an active little fellow, weighing only 11 ounces (why, then, have I gained 20 pounds?!?!), with a normal sized cranium, a good-looking face, a healthy heart, and extremely attractive gams (which he exercises regularly). We knew we'd be happy whether he turned out to be a girl or a boy, although it does feel like we're conforming to the family pattern (he will have only boys for cousins) and I'm not a big conformist, myself.

But that's about the extent of my complaints so now it's on to more questions, like what is he going to look like? Is he going to have (daddy's) blue eyes or (mommy's) brown? Is he going to be blond like his daddy or dark-haired like his mommy? Is he going to have short, stubby fingers like his mommy or the longer fingers of his daddy? And is he going to inherit my (lack of) chin? I guess we'll find that out in October!


*Swedish for boy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ten bucks says he's tall, anyway.

And Hey, do I get a PRIZE?! ;-)

Rebecca said...

Dood, I didn't mention tall because that was a given. Although if you're offering the ten bucks, I'd be happy to take it off your hands! ;)

Yeah you totally get a prize. How about a visit to tropical Tennessee at the end of June?

Katie said...

en dreng... på dansk
translated literally: a boy... on danish
oh those danes