Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Past Week's Activities

Last Saturday, we helped our friends move into their new apartment. They drove down from Maryland with a big moving truck full of their furniture and belongings. I didn't move any of the heavy stuff but I did carry in a few boxes and bags. That evening, we took them out to eat at a restaurant that we had been to when we were house-hunting but had until recently been unable to find again.

On Monday, it was "Celebrate Women in Science" day at the lab, and in honor of that fact we had a plenary speaker and a poster session. As the only woman in my department, I made a poster for this poster session. My poster was about dynamic load balancing, which is what I'm working on these days. Then, in the evening, we went out to dinner with our newly-moved-in friends.

The rest of the week was fairly uneventful, until Saturday, when we went on a day trip to the Smokies. We visited Gatlinburg, where we had a pancake lunch, and Cherokee, NC. The mountains are just beautiful and green. We got home after 8 p.m.

No comments: