Monday, January 26, 2009

Update

Thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers.

My grandma died yesterday morning.  After consulting with the doctor, who concluded that there was no hope left, they removed her from the ventilator and she died soon after.  I was not at the hospital during that event, but I did go to visit the day before.  The decision to remove the artificial support was a good one, although of course it was very sad.

We returned home yesterday, but we'll be heading back on Thursday in order to make it to the funeral on Friday.  My sister Rachel is coming in from Vancouver, but she's not the one with the longest journey; that's one of my cousins, who's flying in from Germany.

I'm feeling really exhausted and emotionally drained right now.  I'm trying to take good care of myself and get enough sleep so I don't get sick.  Good night!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Oh, Rebecca! I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my thoughts. Take care of yourself.

ScienceGirl said...

Rebecca, I am so sorry! Please take good care of yourself in this difficult time. My thoughts are with you.

EcoGeoFemme said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.