Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!

This is my first Mother's Day as a mother (although we did celebrate it last year, when I was pregnant). We celebrated it a little early. We went out to dinner with our friends Adam and Jody last night, at a restaurant that we'd heard about but never been to before. It was called the Copper Cellar and it was a kind of cozy place in a basement near the campus of UT. The food was delicious and we all had a good time. Vinny sat on a portable high chair that fits onto a chair, which had previously belonged to his cousin Byron.

For Mother's Day I also got a book that I had requested, Parenting Beyond Belief. I haven't finished reading it yet, but so far it is very interesting and it has given me some good ideas. I'll try to post a review of it whenever I finally finish it.

This was the best Mother's Day I've had in a long time, I guess primarily because I was able to shift the focus to celebrating myself as a mother. And I think that so far, I've done a pretty good job as a mother. Not perfect, of course, but I have a happy, healthy, thriving son and that is nothing to complain about. I'm definitely meeting the level of success that I wanted: I am the best second-rate mother in the world!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Happy Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I resemble that remark!
I thoutht *I* was the best second-rate mother in the world.

Happy Mothers Day!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Why call yourself second rate? It is funny that you just read that book as well. :-)