Monday, May 14, 2007

More Moron Monday

Rachel's still in Turkey, so it's up to me to carry on the tradition. And carry it on I have!

Act the first: I forgot that it was (Moron) Monday until I was already at work, and thus unable to post. (Luckily, I had already planned to work from home this afternoon, so I could post when I take a break.)

Act the second: At work, I submitted a job on the tenth fastest supercomputer in the world, and my job ran so fast that I didn't realize it had run! When I checked the queue, my job was not in it, having run and finished before I could check the queue. And then the output file was hiding in plain sight, right there in my directory. I did not figure this out until I sent a message to the help desk about my incredible disappearing job, and the person on the other end said, "uh...dude... your job already ran." (only much more politely than that) I replied with an apology for having wasted that person's time.

How's things by you?

5 comments:

Laura said...

Today I was picking up yard sale donations for the co-op in a big truck, and I backed into a concrete retaining wall. Oops!! Luckily I was going really slowly and neither the bumper nor the wall were damaged by the encounter. But still - it surprised me! I yelped loudly when it happened. :-)

Rebecca said...

Ooh Laura! Getting in an accident, particularly a really stupid one, is my worst nightmare! Glad that no harm was done, though :)

Rebecca said...

Are we the only morons out there? Please, feel free to contribute your story, even if it's not Monday anymore. :)

Anonymous said...

NO, no. I'm here, and I'm a moron.

Today I'm a moron for eating a whole Ritter sport chocolate bar. The whole thing. All of it. Instead of dinner.
And now, my stomach hurts, to add to the headache and cramps. For yea, it is that time of the month, and yea, she did think a sea of milk chocolate was the solution.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for doing this, Bec, even if the turnout was low (sometimes it is at my place, too, and I always take that as an optimistic thing -- nobody did anything stupid this week!). Thanks Laura and Arwen for showing up!

I have moronicity for this coming week, the likes of which GOD has never seen! So stay tuned!