Saturday, May 05, 2007

Nerd-in-Training

Vinny is our sweet little nerd-in-training.

He is fascinated by glasses. When my face comes close enough to his, he reaches out and swipes my glasses off my face. He will try to grab Jeff's off his face too, but Jeff has a band that goes around the back of his head and keeps his glasses safe. Sometimes, just for fun, we put our glasses on Vinny's face. He loves wearing glasses. It's very strange. I've never heard of any other baby who loved glasses so much. But it's a good thing, because I suspect that corrective lenses are an inevitable part of his future. Here is an early picture illustrating his love of glasses:


He is also fascinated by the computer. Oh, how he longs to type on the keyboard and click the mouse! Jeff says that Vinny has almost ordered things on eBay before he realizes it. We have an old keyboard that we let Vinny use, and he is so excited about it and just loves to play with it.

But the biggest indication that he's a nerd-in-training is the following. He's recently developed his own geeky laugh: this breathy, hoarse laugh that he does when something tickles his funnybone. I think he's laughing while inhaling. It's really adorable and it cracks me up every time he does it.

2 comments:

Mr. Lucchese said...

Honestly, Rebecca, I don't see why you would even need a LaTex plug-in for your page unless Vinny's first words are "Let N be a number..." :)

Seriously, I'm glad he will be joining the ranks of geekdom with the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

CUTE! I'm so sure my own children will join the geek ranks too. Pretty much no chance, since Hubby and I will inevitably ask them to play geeky strategy, roleplaying, or adventure board games with us frequently. :-)