Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Perfect Day

This morning, we had a pancake breakfast with Granny and Granddad. Vinny sat in his high chair and had a bottle while the rest of us enjoyed our pancakes.

After Granny and Granddad left, we went to the park and had a picnic lunch. We sat on a blanket under a tree, by the lake. The weather was beautiful. Vinny played with some toys, and Jeff took a bunch of pictures and also drew a portrait of Vinny and me. Then we headed over to the playground and I put Vinny into a swing. I pushed him and as he began to swing, he loved it. He smiled broadly and giggled as he swung towards me and away from me.

Then, we went home and Vinny and I took a long nap, for more than two hours. We woke up when Jeff was just about finished making dinner. We went into the dining room, and Vinny enjoyed some peas while we had dinner.

During dinner, we realized that Vinny didn't really know how to chew. So Jeff made some exaggerated chewing motions, and Vinny imitated him. Jeff chewed a cheerio, and then he gave Vinny a small piece and he chewed it (or at least tried to). I think that it was more successful than previous times when we've given him cheerios to eat.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ha, you know, I needed to be taught how to chew, too. Maybe it runs in the family...