Saturday, November 22, 2008

Five Things Meme

I was tagged by ScienceWoman to do the Five Things meme.

Five Things I Was Doing Ten Years Ago:
  1. Getting adjusted to married life.
  2. Wondering whether I was smart enough to make it through graduate school.
  3. Missing Kentucky and all my friends.
  4. Trying to figure out how to afford to buy a house.
  5. Hoping my husband would land a non-temp job.
Five Things on My List to Do Today:
  1. Pack all the loot I've acquired into my suitcase.
  2. Make it to the airport in time for our flights.
  3. Beg the airline to let us be on the same flight together. (Good luck on that one.)
  4. Make my flights and hope not to miss my connection.
  5. Hug my little boy after 8 days without him!
Five Snacks I Love:
  1. Cherries
  2. Peaches
  3. Ice cream
  4. Cookies
  5. French fries
Five Things I Would Do If I Were a Millionaire:
(I'm assuming this is a multi-millionaire -- millionaire doesn't get you very far anymore!)
  1. Retire, or cut back to part-time work.
  2. Create a foundation with my money, providing myself with a small salary and investing the money safely.
  3. Use that money to fund projects I deem worthy.
  4. Spend more time with my family.
  5. Use my spare time to encourage social change.
Five Places I Have Lived:
  1. Kentucky
  2. California
  3. Kent, England
  4. Illinois
  5. Tennessee
Five Jobs I've Had:
  1. Summer Intern
  2. Volunteer
  3. Graduate Teaching Assistant
  4. Graduate Research Assistant
  5. Postdoc
Five People to Share this Meme with:
  1. Whoever wants to do it
  2. Whoever wishes I picked them
  3. Whoever has nothing better to do
  4. Whoever likes this sort of thing
  5. Whoever wants me to ruin their life

1 comment:

ScienceWoman said...

I like your five people to share the meme with and I can't imagine leaving my little girl for 8 days...and I've got a five day trip planned for just a few weeks from now.