Next year, I am crazy and have agreed to do signs again. For that, I would like to offer the following notes to self about how things can go better next year.
- Get the convention company to place all the sign stands ahead of time. Or, if I can't do that, get 2-3 big burly student volunteers at first convenience to place the sign stands, and another one to help me sort through the signs.
- Develop a schedule, and post it on the wall, detailing when we have to do what. Some signs that were not part of the scheduled technical program got lost and we were scrambling to find them and place them in a timely manner.
- Create a database from people submitting signs, that will have the above information in it.
- Put date, time, and location on the bottom of every sign, not just technical program signs
- Office supplies: 11x17 paper, at least 2 rolls of tape, paper cutter, scissors, pens, 8.5x11 tabletop sign easels.