Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More Conference Fun

Tuesday night was the big night for vendor parties. The vendor who provides my place of work with our supercomputers was having a big bash, so I acquired several invitations and invited three graduate school friends and a graduate school professor of mine, my conference protegée, and the fabulous ScienceGirl and her better half.

We met in the lobby of the hotel at which the party was being held, just before it began. We partook of the food and drink that our fearless vendor hosts provided, and spent a lot of time talking, even after the party was officially over. It was good to see my friends from my graduate school days, and it was wonderful to get to know ScienceGirl better.

1 comment:

ScienceGirl said...

It was great to finally meet you and your husband in real life, and I gotta tell you: you two were exactly as I imagined from reading your blog! Hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you both!

P.S. Thanks again for the party invites!

P.P.S. I suspect we should be able to make this at least an annual thing :)