Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Adventures in Credit

Since I live in the midwest, today is the eighth day that I could get a free credit report from http://www.annualcreditreport.com/. For those of you unaware, a new federal law now allows consumers to receive a free credit report from each credit reporting agency annually. The date for which consumers in different regions can begin to take advantage of this law was staggered, so that the agencies wouldn't experience an overload of requests. For those of us in the midwest, we can receive the report starting March 1. Check the website to find out when you can request your free credit report.

Anyhow, I thought I would take a look at my credit reports. I don't think that I've had any identity theft lately, because I recognized all the accounts and they were all in good standing. So that is one thing I don't have to worry about.

Whenever you can get one of these credit reports, I highly recommend getting them. It's an interesting experience to see what they report and what the creditors are evidently looking for.

No comments: