Saturday, March 12, 2005

Working Hard

I'm feeling better today than I felt yesterday or the day before. Yesterday I had to go home early because I was feeling really yucky. Today I am working in the office. Although I generally try to avoid working on weekends, since my deadlines approach quickly, I have decided to work weekends until I finish up.

I do have a bit of good news: My application for the fellowship from NIST passed the first review, and is going on to be reviewed by the agency! If I am ranked high enough with respect to the amount of funding they have, I will get that fellowship. I should find out in the next 6-8 weeks.

I'm all registered and ready to go for that conference in Sweden. All I have to do is make the poster! Actually, that shouldn't be too hard because I have all the results I need for it, I just need to put it in poster form.

Tomorrow I'm going to come in and work some more, and then help out with the visiting graduate student weekend. I signed up to set up lunch (and in exchange, get a free lunch!), and to help with the numerical analysis area presentations. I'm not exactly sure what that second job entails, but I will find out!

No comments: