Monday, March 07, 2005

B's Knees

My knee is a lot better today. I can bend it without too much pain, and I can put weight on my leg as long as I keep the knee straight. I still can't bend it and hold weight without pain. But I can definitely get in a cat stance with my injured knee at the front. I don't think I'll be able to do the bowing ritual for several weeks.

On Friday night I managed to scrub the bathroom floor despite the fact that I couldn't get down on my knees. I scrubbed it while sitting on my rear and keeping my left leg to the side. On Saturday morning, I did a lot of pick-up and cleaning because we were having the qual ice cream party at our house at 2. It is fortunate that I am flexible enough that I can bend over and touch my palms to the floor with my legs straight, because that's what I had to do when picking up the clutter from the floor. But bending so far at the waist and lifting things is not the most comfortable thing for the lower back, and I'm still a little sore from the cleaning.

I also got out my Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and went nuts on the walls. I have trouble with inertia, and it hits me in the cases of both inaction and action. I will just let the clutter and grime pile up, and likewise, when I start cleaning, I have trouble stopping. When I get out the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, I have trouble stopping. I always see another smudge that I could rub out, and after I'm done with that one, I see another, and another...

The impending arrival of guests is what made me put Mr. Clean away. I think the public areas of our house (living room, dining room, kitchen, hallway, and bathroom) look spotless right now. They look better than they have in months. Maybe I can keep myself inspired and do some more cleaning next weekend, this time cleaning the private areas of the house.

The qual party went well. A good time was had by all, and much ice cream was eaten. It was good to catch up with some of the NA posse whom I haven't seen in a long time.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Bec, you ARE the bee's knees. Sorry to hear about your injury -- glad you're finding innovative ways to get around it. Hope it's better soon!