Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Winter Marches On, Too

One would think that since it is March already, it would stop snowing. One would be wrong in that case. Today it has snowed all day. Last night the temperature was in the teens (Fahrenheit) and the wind was bitter cold this morning.

The weekend before last, my dad asked me what was blooming up here. "NOTHING!" I replied. He then proceeded to tell me all about the flowers in Kentucky. I have seen a few foolhardy snowdrops venturing out of the ground in the past week, and yesterday as I walked from my house to my office I saw some maple trees blooming. So those are a few signs that spring is eventually coming.

Spring is my favorite season because every week is more beautiful than the next. Just when I think I've seen the most gorgeous flowers ever, the next plant blooms and I am overwhelmed by its beauty. I'm looking forward to this year's display.

No comments: